Saturday, December 4, 2010

Service Singing

I had an idea this week that went well.  I had several comments on it so I decided to share it in hopes someone could use it.  I made 9 buttons that read "I'm serving the Lord when I serve others" I then pinned them to a scarf that I wore around my neck.  Each button had a number 1-9 on the back of it.  I told the children to pick one of my service buttons and let's find out some ways we can serve.  The following is what I did with each number.

1.  When we love others we serve them.  What is a way you serve?   
    Love One Another pg 136

2.  We have many things.  How can we serve others with the things that we have.
    I am glad for many things pg 15

3.  Jesus showed us many examples of serve.  What is your favorite one.
    I'm trying to be like Jesus pg 78

4.  How can we love and serve people we don't even know.
    Jesus said love everyone pg 61

5.  When we use a happy voice all day long we serve our families.
    When were helping were happy pg 198

6.  What is a way you can serve with your face.  Share a smile with as many people as you can.
    Smiles pg 267

7.  Every member can serve this way.  Young men do this when they are 19.
    I hope they call me on a mission.  pg 169

No comments:

Post a Comment